The Goals of the Diploma in Business Management
- To lead students in a Biblical-based, holistic development i.e. spiritually, mentally, emotionally, socially, and physically.
- To provide students with a range of knowledge, skills and problem solving abilities to respond to the need for successful management of business firms, government and not-for-profit organizations in a changing environment.
- To enable students to integrate Christian values with sound business principles.
- To equip students to express their Christian beliefs and values in their work places.
- To develop competency necessary for graduate studies.
How to Achieve the Above Goals
- Through active participation in chapel services, conferences, seminars and workshops as organized by the University. Through formal and informal interactions with members of the diverse KHEU community
- Through lectures, discussions, case studies, assignments, presentations, personal study and research
- Through practical experience gained in project work and industrial attachments
- Through the delivery of a well-balanced Christian liberal arts curriculum by knowledgeable and experienced lecturers from a broad range of academic disciplines.
- Minimum grade of C in Mathematics on the KCSE.
- Minimum grade of C in English on the KCSE.
Major Area Course Requirements
These required courses for students selecting the DBM major are designed to provide a thorough understanding of the areas of knowledge common to the discipline in which they are studying. Refer to the catalog for detailed listing of major course requirements.